Shipping With Amazon will soon kick off in the USA, with implications for the major parcel carriers. Joining me to separate the hype from reality are Marek Rożycki and Dean Maciuba from Last Mile Experts. Marek was VP Amazon Logistics Europe, and Dean has decades of experience at FedEx. We cover:
- Why Amazon is getting more involved in delivery
- FBA and FBA Onsite
- Is Amazon targeting B2C only or is B2B in its sights?
- Rates and margins at FedEx and UPS
- Excess delivery capacity at Amazon
- Scaling and productivity for residential delivery
- Offering value-added services that major carriers aren't offering
- What Shipping With Amazon might mean for postal operators
- Impact on regional delivery companies
- Alibaba and JD.COM
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.