How can a city of 200,000 people in mainland UK be classified as remote? Nina Ballantyne from Citizens Advice Scotland joins me to talk about research into higher shipping charges for people living in rural and remote areas of Scotland and what can be done to fix the problem. We cover:
- How shipping pricing is influencing customer behaviour
- The need for consistent, proportionate shipping pricing
- Transparency in shipping charges on e-commerce sites
- Cross-border e-commerce shipping costing less than domestic shipping
- Solutions to high shipping costs to rural and remote areas
- Using post offices as delivery aggregators
A message from this episode's sponsor:
If you're an e-commerce company and you don't want to deal with the daily hassles of picking, packing and fulfilling orders, try iD Commerce + Logistics. There's a special offer for Postal Hub Podcast listeners. Click here for details.
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Never miss an episode! Get the Postal Hub delivered free to your inbox. Sign up in seconds: