Marek Różycki, Managing Partner at Last Mile Experts, joins me to discuss the post office’s role in e-commerce, delivery, and how competition and partnership can co-exist in the post office and delivery network. We cover:
- Post offices and e-commerce parcels
- Opening hours vs overhead costs
- Operating post offices in conjunction with other businesses
- Should posts let their competitors into the post office?
- What about delivering the last mile for competitors?
- Technology and the delivery chain
- Competing parcel collection networks
- Canada Post – drive-through parcel collection
- Automation in parcel collection
Marek has a wealth of experience. He was part of DHL’s start up team in Poland, he was CEO of GeoPost CSEE, creating a region of 16 countries under the DPD brand. Until 2015, he was VP Amazon Logistics EU. Marek also created Masterlink Express in 1991, now DPD Polska.
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Never miss an episode! Get the Postal Hub delivered free to your inbox. Sign up in seconds: