Two fantastic guests this week. First up, Dr Ramesh Ratan, President and CEO of Bell and Howell. We talk about:
- The background to Universal Service Obligation in the USA
- The USO, postal monopoly, and telecommunications services
- The evolving postal USO
- What breaking up the US Postal Service’s monopoly could mean, and how it could create value
Then it's David Williams, former USPS Inspector General, now Distinguished Professor at George Mason University. We discuss:
- The background to the mailbox monopoly, and security of the mail
- The social role of mail, and the postal network as infrastructure
- The likelihood of postal privatisation
- Provision of government services via the post
Interviews recorded at PostalVision2020 7.0.
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Get the Postal Hub delivered free to your inbox. Sign up in seconds:
Photo of Dr Ramesh Ratan, the Hon Robert Taub (Postal Regulatory Commission) and David Williams by Blue House Productions. Taken at PostalVision2020 7.0