My special guest is Elmar Toime, chairman of the Postea Group. He was previously chief executive at New Zealand Post, Chairman of the Management Board at Royal Mail, and was on the board at Deutsche Post DHL for ten years. He’s still on the board at Qatar Post. In a provocative interview, we cover:
- Regulatory change and political pressures
- The role of the board in a postal operator
- Postal subsidies and the decline of core business
- The post as deliverer of last resort
- Is the age of the postal bank over?
Interview recorded at PostalVision2020 7.0.
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Get the Postal Hub delivered free to your inbox. Sign up in seconds:
Photo: Blue House Productions