My special guest is Charles Thompson, Chief Operating Officer of Aramex Global Solutions. AGS is the joint venture between Middle East logistics giant Aramex and Australia Post. We cover:
- The background to the Aramex / Australia Post deal
- What happened to Star Track International
- Benefits to Aramex and Australia Post
- Semi-postal solutions
- Geographic regions that AGS will focus on
- How Aramex's acquisition of Fastway fits in with the Australia Post relationship
- Mail Call Couriers and the shift towards time-specific delivery
- AGS's perspective on the delivery experience
- Trends in cross-border e-commerce, including Brexit
- Amazon setting up in Australia
- Will delivery companies acquire e-commerce companies?
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Get the Postal Hub delivered free to your inbox. Sign up in seconds: