Australia Post and supermarket chain Woolworths have signed a deal that will see Australia Post parcel lockers installed at 500 Woolworths supermarkets across Australia. I cover:
- Competitive pressures on Woolworths supermarkets
- Australia Post's current parcel locker network, including locations
- Is this a pre-emptive strike by Australia Post?
- Foot traffic and the retail post office network
- Mailman, Officeworks, Fastway Couriers... and Aramex
Also in this episode, the latest PUASP (Postal Union of the Americas, Spain and Portugal) environmental initiative, replacing polluting vehicles with pushbikes and electric vehicles.
In the podcast I mention UPS's Access Point network - learn more in episode 36.
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above. You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Get the free Postal Hub email newsletter - sign up in seconds: