Transport Intelligence recently released its 2016 Global Express and Small Parcels report. David Buckby, an economist at Ti and one of the report's authors, joins me to discuss:
- Who are the new competitors entering the parcel delivery market?
- What increased competition means for profitability
- Delivery to metropolitan areas compared to rural delivery
- Predictions for growth
- Cross-border parcels, including the China-Russia deal involving the local postal operators
- Analysis of UPS's recent financial results
- Consolidation of international sea freight
- Amazon's expansion plans in Asia Pacific and its rumoured e-commerce acquisition in the Middle East
- Aramex, and an update on its deal with Australia Post
- Alibaba's earnings call, including Lazada and RedMart
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above. You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Sign up for the Postal Hub e-newsletter: