Kiel Harkness, UPS's Director of Marketing UK Ireland and Nordics, and Gunnar Adalberth, Director of Business Development e-commerce at UPS, join me to talk about recent UPS e-commerce research and some of UPS's e-commerce initiatives.
- Growth potential for cross-border e-commerce
- Reasons for greater forecast growth in e-retail compared to bricks-and-mortar
- Will physical and online commerce combine further?
- Returns and the omni-channel experience, and what role can a delivery company play in returns
- What is online commerce doing better than traditional retail?
- Customers choosing speed vs price for delivery of online purchases
- UPS network of collection points - UPS Access Points
- Why UPS developed the network
- Benefits to retailers who participate in the network
- Technology in collection points
- B2B delivery compared to B2C delivery
- Barriers to entry for cross-border e-commerce
- SMEs' logistics needs, in particular for export/cross-border
- Advice on selling cross-border into the Asian market
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above. You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Sign up for the Postal Hub e-newsletter: