Andrew Starkey from Spiral 4 / IMRG discusses recent research showing more online shoppers select express delivery compared to economy shipping. Why is this happening, and what does it mean for the delivery sector? We cover:
- Does the shift towards next-day delivery mean online shopping is no longer driven by price?
- Is next-day delivery becoming more affordable?
- Is next-day delivery the new standard?
- How has Amazon Prime affected the next-day delivery market?
Cathy Morrow Roberson, lead analyst and founder at Logistics Trends and Insights, joins me in the second part of the podcast to analyse postal operators' forays into logistics and some other recent developments in the logistics and delivery sectors. We cover:
- Interesting aspects of An Post's new Post Logistics venture
- Comparing it with DHL's partnerships with national posts
- DB Schenker's deal with uShip
- UPS's drone tests
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above. You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
For more postal logistics talk, listen to my exclusive chat with An Post's Liam O'Sullivan in episode 34 of the Postal Hub.
Sign up for the Postal Hub e-newsletter: