UPS is hiking its surcharges for handling large, heavy goods. What will this mean for the delivery and e-commerce sectors? Dean Maciuba, Managing Partner North America for Last Mile Experts, joins me to analyse the implications, including:
- UPS's new surcharges
- Why carriers and posts don't want heavy, bulky parcels in the system
- How heavy and bulky parcels are delivered in the USA
- Opportunities in two-person delivery, in particular for XPO Logistics
- Vehicles being used for two-person delivery
- Implications for the logistics network and warehouses
- What Amazon is doing in delivery of heavy goods
- Could postal operators compete effectively in this business?
Click here to sign up for Understanding Amazon, the workshop Marek Różycki and I will host at this year's Post Expo.
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Never miss an episode! Get the Postal Hub delivered free to your inbox. Sign up in seconds: