Three guests this week! First up, Marek Różycki from Last Mile Experts talks about Amazon's latest push into the last mile:
- Is it a new idea?
- Does it make sense for Amazon?
- What does it mean for other carriers?
Then Duncan Buchanan, Policy Director at the Road Haulage Association, talks about the environmental challenges facing the trucking sector. The interview was recorded at Post&Parcel Live: Solving the Inner City Challenge.
- EURO emission standards
- Access to clean city zones (low emission zones)
- Congestion issues and how this affects efficiencies and emissions
- Strategies to improve driver behaviour
- Driver training and being a professional driver
Finally, Cathy Morrow Roberson from Logistics Trends and Insights joins me to analyse the recently announced partnership between Alibaba and French logistics group Bolloré. We cover:
- Alibaba building out a global logistics network
- The regions that will be targeted by this deal
- Expansion into developing markets
- Implications for Alibaba's customer experience
- Alibaba's delivery goals
Click here to sign up for Understanding Amazon, the workshop Marek Różycki and I will host at this year's Post Expo.
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Never miss an episode! Get the Postal Hub delivered free to your inbox. Sign up in seconds: