Marshall Hughes, co-founder and CEO of on-demand delivery startup Passel joins me to talk about crowd-sourced delivery. We cover:
- Early learnings from the Passel model
- Integrating crowd-sourced with contracted courier companies
- Gig economy vs crowd-sourced delivery
- "Standard" delivery vs "gig" delivery
- Expansion and the density of the crowd
- Key delivery challenges in Australia
- Localised e-commerce fulfilment
- FOMO! Passel's partnership with location-based retail app Brauz
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Check out this week's podcast sponsor, Onfleet!
Main photo: Passel co-founders Marshall Hughes and Julian Kelabora with Gemma Acton, Channel 7 National Business and Finance Reporter, and the team from Purebaby’s flagship Chadstone store.
Never miss an episode! Get the Postal Hub delivered free to your inbox. Sign up in seconds: