The USPS OIG recently released a report titled: The Evolving Logistics Landscape and the US Postal Service.
I chat with two of the report's authors, Chris Backley and Ian Stanford. We cover:
- Approaches taken by other posts to become logistics operators
- What increasingly urbanised populations mean for parcel delivery
- Competition in delivery
- Opportunities for partnerships with new entrants into the delivery market
- Bottlenecks in parcel delivery
- Returns and reverse logistics, including cross-border reverse logistics
- Amazon's intentions in delivery - is it a friend or foe?
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above. You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Sign up for the Postal Hub e-newsletter: