How will self-driving trucks change the transport and logistics sector?
Logistics expert Cathy Morrow Roberson from Logistics Trends and Insights joins me to analyse what impact autonomous vehicles might have on the trucking sector. We cover:
- The current truck driver shortage;
- Future driver recruitment;
- Interactions with loading yards and automated warehouses;
- Lessons that can be learned from the aviation sector;
- The health of truck drivers; and
- How drivers themselves might benefit from self-driving vehicles.
Cathy has some excellent insights into the trucking sector, in particular US trucking.
Listen to the podcast via the link above. You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Sign up for the Postal Hub e-newsletter: