Belgium's bpost has announced bringr, a crowd-sourced delivery app that connects consumers and couriers.
Cathy Morrow Roberson, founder and lead consultant at Logistics Trends and Insights, joins me to discuss crowd-sourced delivery, including:
- How bringr compares to Uber RUSH and Amazon Flex
- JD.com's crowd-sourced delivery solution
- Driver remuneration
- What happens with unsuccessful deliveries?
- Freelance drivers to help cope with peak parcel volumes
- Can crowd-sourced delivery fit in with an existing courier network?
- How can a fleet of crowd-sourced delivery drivers be maintained?
- Practical issues with crowd-sourced deliver drivers
We also discuss post office access, including:
- Post office opening hours
- 24-hour post offices
- Self-service postal terminals
- Sunday opening
- Stamp vending machines
- Customer service and customer queuing times.
Here's a link to an article on the BBC website about the UK Post Office opening on Sundays.
Listen to the podcast via the link above. You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Want to hear more about the grocery home delivery market? In Episode 7 Paul Needham from CEP-Research joined me to review the market's major players and new entrants, as well as the practical considerations of entering the market.
Sign up for the Postal Hub e-newsletter: